Saturday, January 22, 2011

Asian Hair

Anthony had four friends over last Saturday. Since today was mainly relaxing day at home and therefore boring to blog about, I'll talk about last Saturday. Anthony's friends A and Z arrived in time to go to church with us. I felt very short since A and Z are well over six feet tall. They also spent the night and most of Sunday here at our house. Anthony's friends C and K arrived later.

I was already resting in bed when Patrick came upstairs to tell me that C and K were styling Anthony's hair with a curling iron--it was actually a flat iron for straightening hair. He said that I might want to take pictures. I thought that Anthony might be embarrassed by my taking pictures but he wasn't, or at least he didn't seem to be. None of the kids really said anything about my taking pictures.

Anthony made a comment about how straightening his hair made him look Asian. They laughed and said, "Maybe that's because you ARE Asian." As I went around them taking pictures, I noticed how straight his hair was and I remarked, "I know what you're talking about. You DO look more Asian." His hair was actually straight and not curly like it usually is. I told Patrick that I was surprised that Anthony let them straighten his hair like that, but then I realized that he didn't care since girls were touching his hair. ;)

So, today wasn't totally boring. Patrick and I went to the gym this morning. Natalie and Eric played in the child care center. Anthony came along to lift weights. Since Alex is less than 12, he would have had to go to the child care center too, and he didn't want to go there, so he stayed home. This evening, Patrick and I went to see the musical "Legally Blonde". We've been able to see some really great musicals with our season tickets to the Majestic this year.

Tomorrow--church, chili, Anthony's soccer practice, and the Packers game.

No comments: