Friday, January 21, 2011

Report Card Time

Patrick and I are so lucky that our children do well in school with relatively little effort. This is a photo of the three report cards together. It may be a little small for all to appreciate, but the lowest grade is 94, and Anthony and Alex have several semester averages of 100. We're so proud of them!

Our usual routine is to go out to eat to celebrate good report cards and then out for ice cream. The kids get to pick the restaurant. Anthony and Alex did not feel strongly about any restaurant. Patrick wanted El Mirasol and I wanted P.F. Chang's but both of us didn't want to go the other restaurant. Natalie really wanted Chili's so she and I could share their Grilled Salmon. Interestingly, the only one who didn't get a report card, Eric, was the one who felt the strongest about going to Chili's! It was a little funny actually, because he got very excited about going to Chili's. That's probably because we used to visit Chili's fairly regularly (usually on Saturday evenings after church) but we haven't been there for a long time. He ate well for dinner and we all went to Baskin-Robbins for dessert.

I also wanted to share a picture of our new room divider for behind our living room sofa. Patrick found it at Costco for $129. This thing seems very sturdy and goes well with our entertainment center. Now we can store all the stuff that was on and under the sofa table inside the bins. These were going fast but luckily Patrick got the last one. This is how it looked when I got home, and Patrick hadn't finished moving everything to the bins yet, so it was still a little messy. We should be able to find things easier in the separate bins, too. Great purchase!

No comments: