Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Needing Some Cuteness

Isn't this the cutest thing you've ever seen? This is a picture of Eric's Lightning McQueen slippers and Cars Duplos. Notice the little Lego men "driving" the car slippers. Patrick noticed the little men this evening and showed them to me. That little boy earned a lot of cuteness points tonight and I loved it.

I really needed to see that cuteness because I only saw Eric and Natalie for about an hour before they went to bed. Patrick picked Natalie up from school so he could pick up Alex from school and take him to the second night of his debate competition. He didn't advance any further, but he got a medal for being in the quarterfinals (Top 8). He lost to the same guy he lost to yesterday. Patrick took the little ones to Chick-Fil-A while Alex was competing.

I worked late today and got to Anthony's school just after his Junior Varsity game ended. He was a little disappointed that he didn't get much play time. He did admit that he made some errors when he did play. He wanted to pick up some Chick-Fil-A on the way home. Is it sad that I was glad he wanted to go to Chick-Fil-A for the reason that even if we couldn't be together as a family, at least we ate similar food?

Anthony and I got home first and I was just sitting down to eat some leftovers when Patrick and the rest of the kids got home. We have one more day like this one then we get to see more of each other for a few days. I'm still tired from being on call Sunday night.

No comments: