Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Nursing Woes Revisited

No one has had to listen to my "nursing woes" for a while, so I'm just going to say a little on the subject. Everything relates back to the hard time I had with my firstborn. One of the things I worried about then and now is running out of milk. I'm not worried about my milk stopping; I'm worried about not keeping up with my baby's needs and ending up using formula. It's not a bad thing to give formula to baby, but it's just that I worked so hard pumping at work and all of that sacrifice in time and energy and having to end up giving formula would make me feel like I failed and that all of that wasn't good enough. Why am I talking about this now? Well, we're down to the last ziplock bag of frozen milk. I have 9 packages of frozen milk, 5 ounces in each, between the baby having only my milk and his having to have formula instead. Ack! DH says it's because he drinks more from a bottle and that DH mixes some of it with the rice cereal. All I know is that I'm falling behind...

On a happier note, I've completed 12 layouts this month! That's more than any other month in the last year and a half! With the Winter Blahs Crop at Scrapaddict.com this coming weekend, I should be able to complete a few more by the end of the month! I'm very happy about being able to get some creative things done! Here are three layouts I've done the past couple of days that are using one of the upcoming February 2008 Scrapaddict.com kits.

This is one using photos of the older kids meeting their little brother at the hospital for the first time.
This one uses photos from the kids' Valentine's Day parties at school last year.
This is an old photo of DH and kids from four years ago. Yes, the weather that January was pretty mild, too. Aren't they a good-looking bunch? :)

5 comments:

Catherine said...

I hear you on the nursing woes....sometimes it's just generally down-right frustrating. Wonderful layouts, too!

Pam Sivage said...

The layouts are wonderful! Great to see how much they have grown!!

Laura said...

Congrats on getting so many layouts done so far this month!! Feels awesome doesn't it?! The layouts are beautiful!
It has to be hard keeping up on the milk supply, especially as he's growing. Hang in there!

Anita said...

What gorgeous LOs! I had a LOT of trouble breastfeeding, so I understand. I finally had to pump and bottle feed just to get them breast milk. We moms have to do what we have to do. Hang in there!

The Mom said...

You are doing great with all the layouts!! I love that valentines day one!!