Sunday, August 09, 2009

I Am Yo Butt!

As if DS#3 didn't have enough attention on a daily basis, he has an extra admirer today. DS#3's friend A came over to spend the day and then night. They've known each other since third grade, and have really become good friends in the last three years or so. DS#3 seems to enjoy A also, and the feeling is mutual. After spending the night at our house a couple of years ago, A went home to his parents and asked if he could have a baby brother. Since he was the youngest, that wasn't likely, although his parents have adopted a couple of children since then.

As you can see from this picture, DS#3 is welcome with the "big boys" in DS#1's room. He was really hamming it up for them and they were attentive. Speaking of attention, the phrase for today was "I am yo butt!" uttered by DS#3 on multiple occasions. It's really not as bad as it sounds. This morning, DD and DS#3 were playing "robots" and DD kept saying "I am a robot!" The aforementioned phrase was the two-year-old's interpretation. Of course, this phrase would send the other kids giggling uncontrollably.

Recently, DS#3 has been able to play on our train table that we got when DS#3 was two years old. For many months now the train table was used as a storage area for toys and its surface has been hidden. He prefers to either hang over the arm of the sofa to play on the table or he sits on top so he can be in the middle of the action. On this occasion, he was watching Thomas videos at the same time as playing with trains. He is definitely a spoiled little boy, isn't he? :)

Last but not least, I had to take a picture of DS#3 sitting on this old chair. This chair used to be DH's chair when he was about this age. I'm going to have to dig up some photos of the other kids sitting in this chair for a scrapbook page. It's wonderful that it has held up under the abuse of multiple children.

2 comments:

Generic Universe said...

Hey! That chair has been around since I was a toddler! That means it is over, um, 20 years old!

Catherine said...

ROFL at the new phrase! That's just great!