Today was DD's birthday party at the Young Chef's Academy. There were two women that ran the whole show. I'm tempted to say "girls" because they looked so young, but however old they are, they did a great job. They entertained the kids while guiding them step-by-step on how to make their own pizza dough and pizza. They also took care of everything without asking, unlike some other experiences I've had with holding birthday parties at other places. This was a good thing because DH was with DS#2 at two soccer games today, and DS#1 was "babysitting" my nephew at home. My nephew N doesn't like pizza, so this party was not something he wanted to participate in.
While they waited for the pizza to bake in the oven, they got to eat cake and ice cream. This is DD blowing out her candles. She really put out some effort in doing this and I was more than a little worried that some spit started flying with the fervent candle-blowing she was doing. All the adults there remarked on how they had dessert before lunch, but none of the kids complained, of course. All of the adults ended up having cake and ice cream too.
When the pizzas were done, the kids all got to cut their own pizzas with these cool little gadgets. I've been coveting these ever since I saw them when DD had a Daisy Girl Scouts outing at the Young Chef's Academy over a year ago. It's basically a more kid-friendly pizza cutter.After the party, my sisters and I hadn't eaten yet, so we stopped off at a Chinese food restaurant to pick some food up for ourselves and the boys back home. (My sister had to take DS#3 home before the party started because he was tired and in a new place and he would not let me put him down.)
DD and her cousins own matching "monkey" dresses, named as much because of the print on dresses. They planned on matching today and everyone who saw them agreed that they made a very cute trio. This is also a great picture for seeing their size differences. E on the left is the oldest, then A in the middle who is five months younger. DD is of course on the right and is the youngest being ten months younger than E and five months younger than A. I'm so happy that my sisters and I had girls all around the same time. It really makes for lots of fun times.
1 comment:
It sounds like a fun birthday party and the three girls looks so cute all dressed alike!
Post a Comment