Friday, August 28, 2009

Work or Play

My mom and dad arrived on Wednesday for a visit. Besides the fact that it has been over a month since we've seen them and they wanted to come for a visit, I also asked them to come for this particular weekend. The boys have a soccer tournament this weekend plus I'm on call tomorrow. Between them they have five games tomorrow, from 7AM to 7PM. If my parents weren't here, then DH would have to take the two younger kids with him and they would be just miserable in the hot sun all day. DH would be miserable because DS#3 wouldn't be able to take a nap. I'm not sure if I would be more miserable at work or at "play" with the family...

Because of the busy schedule this weekend, we went ahead and took everyone out to dinner tonight. This isn't the greatest picture of everyone, but it was nice that we were all together. I'm going to miss them all tomorrow when I'm at work, although I'm not sure I have the tougher job tomorrow, or DH.

This is DS#3 entertaining himself at the soccer practice fields yesterday. We have quite a busy schedule this fall. Luckily, all the kids have their soccer practices on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Unfortunately, DD and DS#2 have practice from 6-7:30PM while DS#1 has practice from 7:30-9PM. This means that DH takes all of them to practice and then either DH has to bring DD and DS#3 home after their practice and then go back to get DS#1 or I have to go pick them up while DH stays with DS#1. I've been picking them up since DH is already making the sacrifice of staying outside for three hours in 100 degree temps. Alas, no staying home with DS#3 while DH takes the kids to soccer practice this fall!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Hope you have time to have a good visit!