Thursday, August 20, 2009

Stinkin' Cute Part 2

I've been battling my contracting company for two weeks now, ever since they decided that I only have one vacation day left in the fiscal year instead of the four I thought I had. They've decided in my last year of this five year contract that they would change the rules. When I pointed this out to them, they made up some other reason where they compared my hours to the other contractors for the month of December 2008 only. I fell short of what the others worked so they decided somewhat arbitrarily to charge me three days of vacation for the shortfall. They didn't take into account that my contract doesn't say they can do that and that I'm well within my required hours worked for the year. Apparently now they've decided to bump it up to the higher ups. I am absolutely livid about this but I feel so helpless to do anything about it that I've been really stressed out.

Retail therapy always makes me feel better when I'm stressed, so I've been buying lots of things like books, camera bags, and clothes for the kids. I've been buying clothes for DD especially, and Gymboree clothes in particular. I love Gymboree clothes and I'm going to be very sad when she doesn't fit into Gymboree clothes any longer. DH actually encourages retail therapy sometimes when he knows I need it. He's so good to me. :)

Tonight DS#3, DD and I went to the mall to exchange one of her pants that I bought online and to shop their new line. We saw these Glow-in-the-Dark Skeleton Pajamas. DD begged for me to get her the pink ones. Last year they had this same set of pajamas and she asked for them then. I wanted to wait for a coupon or sale, but by that time, they didn't have anymore. Tonight they didn't have any more size 7's, but they did have this size 8. When she saw that, DD told me, "I'll be able to wear them longer!" That just made me smile because she sounds just like me. :)

DD also insisted that I buy the boy set for DS#3. I wasn't sure he was going to wear them because he usually only wears clothes with pictures of vehicles on them. When I showed it to him and asked if he would wear it, he said, "Ya!" He sounded convincing and I thought they would look so "stinkin' cute" especially with both of them wearing the pajamas, that I had to get them--plus I had a 30% off coupon AND I could get Gymbucks. Retail therapy was definitely lifting my mood. :)

Something that wasn't so cute was DS#1 popping a blister on the bottom of his foot during soccer practice on Tuesday. He couldn't continue to practice because it was so uncomfortable that DH brought him home early. We've been trying to get him to stay off of that foot for a while, but today was soccer practice again and DS#1 really wanted to play. DH said he seemed to be doing fine although he did limp a little sometimes. This is a picture of DH dressing the area last night. DH always likes to point out that he does these things for the kids instead of "the doctor" but I really have this queasy feeling when it comes to soft tissue injuries and especially when those injuries involve my children. The kids and I are lucky that we have DH around. :)

1 comment:

Dashboard Dad said...

It was a sad day when A could not wear Gymboree clothes anymore. I know the feeling.