
We did go to The Cheesecake Factory for lunch after church. That's where the above picture was taken. DS#3 is going through this phase where he doesn't want to sit in his high chair. He wants to sit next to me. Of course that means that sometime during the meal, he'll go visit DH or just roam around. He was doing just that when I took this picture.
After lunch I painted DD's toenails and fingernails, at her request, and all the kids got their clothes ready for tomorrow. DH wanted them to do this early so if they decided that they needed something washed, he could do this earlier rather than later. DD and DS#2 then had some friends over to play while I got to nap with DS#3.
This evening we had leftovers and DD went to a soccer clinic at the kids' soccer club. I'll let DH explain about Micros vs. U8 more in detail on his blog. Basically, DD missed the age cutoff on soccer teams, because the cutoff date is August 1st and her birthday is after that. If she joins a team with her age group, she will be the oldest on the team. If she joins a team with kids in her grade level, then she has to "play up". The other advantage is that "playing up" for her would allow her to play on a girls' team vs. a mixed team. I thought that DD might benefit from being around girls. Tonight DH asked the coaches at the soccer clinic which team DD should join and they decided that she should do well by "playing up". DH said that DD did pretty well out there despite the 104 degree weather. I've never considered myself "athletic" so I'm always excited by the possibility of DD being part of a sports team.
Well, I did say it was a relaxing day for the most part. Now that I've listed it out, that looks like a lot of stuff!
2 comments:
Happy First Day of School to you guys!!
It's the first day of school!!! I put a (LOL) celebratory video on my blog. Sounds like you had a fun day!
Post a Comment