This is a picture of DD opening one of her birthday gifts with DS#3 looking very interested. He was so interested, in fact, that he asked if HE could open some gifts too. Luckily, we were able to distract him by offering to give him a bath.Last night when I posted on my blog I had forgotten that DS#1's soccer practice was cancelled because his coach and his wife were having their first baby. For us that meant that DH and DS#2 got home around 8PM and we ended up having time to open some of DD's birthday gifts. She got to open her gifts from us, her paternal grandparents, and her godfather. The rest of the gifts she will open on Saturday, when her party is scheduled and when her aunts and cousins will be in town.
I'm posting this picture for Grandma since she doesn't have high-speed internet for me to send her photos through email. DD loved this very cute outfit that Grandma sent her. It's a little big now but she'll easily grow into it before the weather turns colder here. She was so funny because she insisted that she had to wear shoes for the picture. She didn't want to tuck her shirt in but she wanted the belt to show from underneath her shirt. Oh, and I told her to show some "attitude" for the photo and she put her hand on her hip. Yup, that's my girl!
DH took the kids to a local park today. It was very hot outside and some of the playground equipment was in the sun and burning hot to the touch. Still, the kids seemed to have fun. I was just happy that DH got a couple of really good photos. I just love this one because DS#3 looks like he's deep in thought and it's focused just right-- the background is nicely blurred so the focus is right on DS#3.
Look! It's actually raining here! We saw the dark skies when we were out to eat and we were really hoping that it would rain back at our house too. DS#3 looked a bit surprised by the rain, almost like he didn't know what it was since it's been so long. I really hope we get some more good rain. Our grass looks SO sad!
2 comments:
I really love her hair!!
Great pictures!!
Wow...I wish we had some of that rain this direction! Happy b-day to DD!
Post a Comment