
After a morning soccer game and lunch at home, we went to The Picture People to get our annual family photo. I was worried about DS#3 because our appointment was at 1PM and that's usually his nap time. I can't tell you how pleased I was when I saw this picture! Even the little man is smiling, and he's smiling NORMALLY, not his cheesy smile! This version is the one we're going to hang on the wall. I got a vertical or portrait version of the same picture to save in a scrapbook page and to give to family.

Isn't this another fantastic picture? I was a bit skeptical at first when the photographer told DS#1 to lay down on his stomach and then DS#2 to lay down on his stomach next to his brother, and so on. I tried to get DS#3 to lay down on his stomach too, but he wouldn't get off of all fours. Despite that I think this turned out fantastic because little man is smiling here, too. I also got a few of these to give to family.

DS#1's birthday was last month, but we've been so crazy busy with soccer and Halloween on the weekends that we didn't have time to get his "birthday" pictures taken. DS#2 and DD's versions can be found
HERE and DS#3's version can be found
HERE. DS#1 was such a good sport! He looked a bit uncomfortable during his "photo shoot" but he did everything I asked. DS#2 and I were throwing out scenarios to watch him react. DS#2 would say things like, "We finished all of the cinnamon rolls and we didn't leave any for you." I even asked DS#1 to take out his phone like he was texting and he did that. I decided in the end that I could get a photo of him texting any time. ;)

The whole photo session, selecting the photos, and getting them took a couple of hours. During one of the waits, we decided to go to the
Marble Slab Creamery next door to reward the kids for their good report cards. With Halloween and five soccer games last weekend we weren't able to do this earlier. At first I was going to make DD share her ice cream with DS#3, but DH and I decided that she shouldn't have to share her reward. Besides, after getting his own ice cream yesterday, DS#3 didn't want to share plus he didn't want DD's chocolate ice cream, he wanted the "orange ice cream" he saw in the freezer case. He can be so much like his big sister sometimes. I still remember when she picked her ice cream based on color, except that color happened to be pink! Oh, and by the way, that "orange ice cream" was mango-flavored ice cream. :)
3 comments:
There are some great photos here!
Love all the photos! I noticed your new avatar on POM and just love it! Such a beautiful family you have!
Your photos turned out great!! We are going there in a week or so, I have to look at my calendar for the date because we need our's done again!!
Post a Comment