Sunday, November 15, 2009

Light at the End of the Season

The morning started out relaxed enough. DH made his usual Sunday morning run for donuts. I read the Sunday paper while watching DD and DS#3 playing with Play-Doh. DD made "planets" out of Play-Doh and wanted to keep them (and let them dry out), but I told her to put the Play-Doh away because that girl already lives with clutter all over her room and her desk in the office. DS#3 was just happy being able to touch the Play-Doh, since he doesn't often get that chance. He seemed particularly interested in the orange Play-Doh for some reason, and kept announcing to me how he had it in his hands, how he was playing with it, etc.

We then had a quick lunch so we could leave for DS#1's game (scheduled for 12:30PM) on the other side (south) of the city. Unfortunately, they lost 5-1 but I for one was relieved that this was their last game of the season. They don't have any more tournaments, although they do still have two weeks of soccer practice. DD and DS#2 have a tournament next weekend, which will probably mean at least three games apiece. Both are unfortunately playing at fields on opposite sides of the city, too. They also have two weeks of soccer practice in addition to the tournament. I can see that light at the end of the tunnel, though, and I'm anxious to reach it.

DS#3 was looking pretty relaxed during DS#1's game. He found this chocolate toosie pop in my purse that I'd actually been saving for him. He discovered lollipops on Halloween and now whenever we want to distract/bribe/reward him, lollipops always work. Some of the other parents noticed his relaxed position and couldn't help but comment on it. Of course I had to take a picture. :)

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I don't know how you cope with so many games. I'd go nuts!

Cynthia Baldwin said...

I love the shot of E! Yup, he's looking pretty relaxed.
*sigh* Soccer isn't over for us yet...2 more weeks of games yet!