Sunday, November 22, 2009

Two Hours At A Theme Park

I love that we have season passes to our local theme parks. It's so convenient to visit or just a couple of hours. This morning started out dreary and gray with the temps in the upper 40s. It warmed up nicely to the 60s and sunny while we were at the park. There were hardly any people there when we arrived shortly after opening time. DD got to ride the above ride all by herself. DS#3 didn't want to ride, although DH and the other two boys all wanted to ride with him. That's okay--DD had a blast without them!

We started out in the "Wiggles World" area that was especially for the toddler/preschool age group. DS#3 nixed the above airplane ride for the "Big Red Car" ride. If you follow the "Wiggles" then you know what I'm talking about. Our next ride was the "Whirligig" where you ride on chairs suspended by chains. DD was very disappointed that she was just a little shy of the lower limit, 48 inches. I took this picture of her next to the sign about minimum height and DS#3 decided he wanted to be in the picture too.

We usually ride on the train ride that goes through the whole theme park but for some reason DS#3 didn't ask to go on it. I wasn't too keen on riding because the little bit of breeze that would have created would have been chilly, and I don't like to be cold. DD and DS#3 waved to the train's few passengers instead. That was just too cute.

Since DD was too short for the Whirligig ride mentioned above, we found another smaller version that she could ride. DS#3 wanted to ride too but he had to ride with an "adult". That meant DS#1 since he is adult-sized anyway and DH and I don't like the spinning rides. This isn't the greatest picture, but I love it because it shows DS#1 trying to look at the camera for me but it also shows how fascinated DS#3 was at the ride that he couldn't take his eyes off.

The kids love this ride called the "Wave Runner". It really doesn't have anything to do with water, but it does spin--a lot. DS#3 wanted to go with them but he was too short. Luckily he was satisfied with just watching. DD especially seems to love this ride. She never stops smiling once the ride starts moving. She rode a second time with just DS#1 and DH and I enjoyed watching the two of them. They were both smiling and enjoying each other and that always makes DH and me smile. :)

We really only stayed at the park for about two hours. We were enjoying the weather so much that we went to a local barbecue place called Rudy's and we ate outside. Everyone in our family is a big fan of ice cream and the kids had some for dessert. They gave huge helpings and three of those cups were only $5. They were big enough helpings that DD didn't even complain when she had to share her Rainbow Sherbet with DS#3. That boy can easily have his own ice cream serving nowadays. Like I said before, our family loves ice cream. :)

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Such a fun day!!