Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Out of His Cave

I need to give some equal time to DS#1. He doesn't talk much and he spends much of his time in his room. After all, with his laptop, wireless internet, and cell phone, he has everything he wants in his room except maybe food (so we do see him foraging in the kitchen every so often). Recently DH and I told him that he needs to come out of his "cave" (i.e., his room) so that he can actually interact with his family. I had to document the moment by taking a picture. ;)

Poor DS#1! I am running out of ideas for pictures for my Project 365 this year, so I decided to focus on him for my photo of the day for today too. I pick him up from school almost every day after I get off of work. Most of the time I bring him some sort of snack, usually cookies that I buy from work and about once a week or so I buy him a Wendy's Frosty. Today I brought him some chocolate cake. I usually leave the doors locked until he comes up to the door. He gets in the car, I give him the snack, and he says "Thank you". He proceeds to quickly eat the snack, while texting, and during the rest of the trip home he reads or does homework, again while texting. Sometimes I'll ask him specific questions about his day. He tends to answer with a "yes", "no", or "I don't know", but sometimes I get lucky and he actually gets descriptive. I don't get to interact with him very much, so I appreciate this time when he's trapped in the car with me. :)

No comments: