Sunday, May 16, 2010

Clothing Choices

After church, I took the kids to Target. The boys really needed swimsuits and there were a couple of other things on sale that I needed to get. I can never seem to get out of Target for less than $100. Luckily I don't go more than once a week or every other week. I had some clothing discussions with Miss Natalie while we were there. She wanted to get a plain black shirt and plain black shorts. What in the world? I can't predict her clothing choices anymore. I refused to get her the black outfit, so she ended up choosing a prettier blue shirt with matching skort. I also bought her some pink sandals with "jewels" on the strap, which is much more what I would choose for her. I just can't figure out her clothing choices anymore.

This is a picture of the kids at Haagen-Dazs at North Star Mall. I love getting pictures of the kids all together. We went there for lunch and Eric threw a fit because he wanted Chick-Fil-A chicken and Chick-Fil-A isn't open on Sundays, however, that's another topic for another time. Notice that Natalie is wearing a pink dress. She says that pink is still her favorite color and for once, she allowed me to buy her a dress.

My main reason for going to the mall wasn't Haagen-Dazs, although that was a close second. I wanted to go to Gymboree so I could use my 30% off coupon that expires today. They have this boys' polo shirt that is a blue color that I just love and that I really wanted to get for Eric. The shirt can be found at this link. The matching plaid shorts can be found at this link. I was thinking of trying to get similar colors for everyone in the family for when we get our family picture taken. I was happy that Alex consented to letting me buy him the shirt shown here at this link. Alex almost always wants to wear T-shirts, but he looks so good when he dresses up. One of these days...

So, what did Natalie want? She wanted a boys' shirt. She says she likes sharks, and girls' shirts don't have pictures of sharks, so yes, I bought my daughter a BOYS' shirt, specifically this shirt with pictures of a bunch of sharks. She wasn't interested in any of the girls' clothing. I had to call Patrick, who was at home, to lament about our daughter's clothing choices. By the way, on our last trip to Target, she didn't want the girly beach towel, she picked out the SHARK beach towel. *SIGH*

I was a few dollars short of getting a Gymbuck, so Natalie picked out some pink underwear with a monkey on the front. She has this recent fascination with monkeys. She now owns three sets of Gymboree monkey sleepwear from that same line of clothing. Thankfully, she didn't pick out the boys' shark underwear.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I just love Gymboree stuff...with or without the sharks. :)