
We had a slow start this morning, and the kids didn't eat breakfast until 10PM. Natalie had her friend M over to play, and when she asked if she could have a snack and it was 12:30PM, I politely reminded her that her "snack" needed to be lunch. Seeing the girls making their own peanut butter and jelly sandwiches was interesting. It's only been recently that we've allowed Natalie to make her own, so she's still a little messy. Still, it's nice that she can make her own now.

Eric had been playing with the girls, so when they asked for a snack, he wanted one too. He still had "snack" on his mind and started asking for a "jelly sandwich". At first I wondered if Patrick had given him a jelly sandwich before and that's why he wanted one--no, he hadn't. When I told Eric that he had to have peanut butter with jelly in a sandwich, this is the face he made--with tears and crying. I thought it was so funny that he would get so upset about this that I took a picture. Anthony thought it was mean to take a picture of Eric being upset. I told him that I was going to use this picture when he gets older, as blackmail. ;)

We did have some happier times later. Eric wore his new Lightning McQueen flip-flops for the first time today. This is also the first time he's worn any flip-flops, and I thought his little feet looked so cute in them that I wanted to preserve this moment in a picture.

When I took the picture of just his feet, he was also smiling--on cue. I laughed because he totally looks like he's posing, doesn't he? Unfortunately, he loved his new flip-flops so much that he insisted on wearing them to church. He was napless and it wasn't worth the fight, so we let him. His older brothers didn't want to bother wearing nice clothes and shoes either, so he matched them.
1 comment:
The day just isn't the same when a guy doesn't have his just jelly...:)
Post a Comment