Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Camera Shy

This is a child who does not want his picture taken. At first he would peek out from one side of the chair or the other and then hide behind the chair when he saw me. Next, he would turn the chair around and around to see if I was still there. He buried his face when he realized that I could just walk up to the chair and look over it. I told him I was going to take a picture of his bottom. After a few minutes, after he knew that I had been taking photos of him anyway despite his hiding his head, he got off the chair and came up to me, asking if he could see his bottom on the LCD screen. I showed him this photo, he smiled and giggled a little, then he started asking if he could play "Plants vs. Zombies" on the iPad. This tells me a few things. First, he is a boy (because he was tickled that I took a picture of his bottom. Of course that could be due to his age also. Next, he's a toddler with a short attention span and he's totally addicted to "Plants vs. Zombies"--although he did play "Angry Birds" first. :)

The other kids have already been subjects for me for my photography class assignments. It was Anthony's turn. We're learning about light and how shooting from different directions with different types of light gives you different results. I liked this one the best. One of the other ones might have had slightly better exposure, but I like this expression on Anthony's face the best--plus the fact that he has that one earbud in his ear while the other one is hanging down his shoulder. Supposedly that's so he can listen to his music AND be able to hear sounds around him, like his Mama telling him where to turn. I love this smile because it's genuine. He's still my precious little boy.

Speaking of little boy, the older three had their doctor's appointments today to get their yearly checkups for school. Both boys also got booster shots. Their vital statistics are as follows:

Anthony--138 1//4 pounds, 5 feet 10 1/4 inches
Alex--99 pounds, 5 feet 1 inch
Natalie--54 pounds, 48 1/4 inches

They're not so little anymore.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

They are always your precious little boys, not matter when or where.