Monday, November 29, 2010

Playing In The Dark

I don't like how it gets dark so early now. By the time I realized that I hadn't yet taken any pictures today, it was dark already. Natalie started playing outside when she got home from her piano lessons around 5pm. Lately, she's been playing mostly with three kids that live on our block, two girls and one boy. One of the girls just moved in before the school year started. The boy has been her longtime playmate. The other girl has lived next door all of her life and is only one month older than Natalie, but for some reason, she and Natalie are just now playing together with any frequency.

Eric saw Natalie and her friends in the backyard and he wanted to go out there too. He seems to always be the center of attention even when he's with Natalie and her friends, maybe because her friends often don't have younger siblings. Natalie herself can't seem to keep her hands off of him. In this picture she chased him down and grabbed him to give him a kiss. It was so dark that the picture isn't that great, but it was still a sweet moment.

Eric spent a lot of time running away from me and the camera, yelling "I don't want pictures!" I wanted to at least show the shirt he was wearing that says "Cool like daddy". He really seems to love this shirt and I'm sure Patrick loves that. :)

Patrick didn't come home with Anthony until after 6pm, and they brought dinner from Sonic home with them. Anthony had his first day of high school soccer tryouts today. He's confident that he'll make the Junior Varsity "A" team. He was on the "B" team last year and actually got playing time, which apparently is very good for a freshman. Hopefully either way, he'll get lots more playing time this year.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

The photos turned out really well despite the low light. Focus is still a problem for me.