Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Picture Recap

There were 14 of us present for the Thanksgiving meal, which is a bit more than the dining table would hold, so we served the meal buffet style. Before eating, we gathered around the table to pray, holding hands as we prayed. I couldn't get a picture of that, so I settled for one of everyone serving themselves after praying. My mom and sisters, especially Cynthia, did a great job of cooking everything. Delicious!

For some reason, Natalie felt compelled to shove her napkin into her shirt and then she posed, waiting for me to get a picture of her. I didn't take one at that time, but I took this one later. She looks so proud of herself, doesn't she? As you can see from her plate, she only at turkey. No mashed potatoes, no dressing, no veggies--she only ate turkey. Eric didn't eat much of anything either.

I have to mention here about something that Natalie said last week as I was driving her to and from one of her activities. She was recalling the time this summer when she spent a couple of weeks staying with my sisters in Houston. Ever since she went to Wendy's during that trip to have their Spicy Crispy Chicken Nuggets, she asks to have it every chance she can get. She also tried the chocolate Frosty for the first time. I could have sworn that she had it before, but she insists that this summer was the first time she'd ever tried a Frosty. So, as she was reminiscing about this summer, she said, "That's where I experienced my first Frosty!" I can't believe she said that she "experienced" her first Frosty. She can be so dramatic sometimes!

Because Natalie loves Wendy's Spicy Crispy Chicken Nuggets so much and because Eric loves spicy foods, he also gets excited whenever he just sees a Wendy's while driving about in the car.

Eric really enjoyed interacting with everyone in the extended family. Here he is looking at Thomas videos on Youtube on his Uncle John's iPad. I love how his legs are crossed and he's got Maya the Dog in his lap. I also love how sweet this picture is. John is really great with kids and Eric loved him!

I have to share another story, except this time it's about Eric. A cold front rolled in on Thursday afternoon/evening. I was trying to convince Eric to wear his warm penguin pajamas (long sleeves and pants) instead of his Thomas pajamas (short sleeves and shorts) that he had worn the night before and that he insisted on wearing again. I told him about how it was getting cold outside. He stated emphatically, "But I'm not sleeping outside! I'm sleeping inside!" I couldn't argue with his logic and I figured that he would be under blankets while sleeping anyway, so I dressed him in his Thomas pajamas.

I didn't get a good picture of the three girls this weekend, and Emily wasn't feeling well as we were leaving, so I couldn't get them all to pose for a good picture. I asked the boys to pose instead. I finally got Nick to stop chewing, and I was able to get this decent picture of the four of them. The girls got along so well this weekend, despite spending so much time together. The boys always get along so well too, especially Alex and Nick. As always, I wish we lived closer to each other! Miss you!

No comments: