Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Schedule Changes

Just when we think our schedules are busy, something else happens to make it even busier. Our "normal" weekday routine for November was as follows (not including school pickup times):

Monday--Natalie's piano lessons from 3:45-4:30pm and Anthony's club soccer practice from 6:30-8pm
Tuesday/Thursday--Natalie's swim practice from 5:30-6:30pm and Alex's club soccer practice from 6-7:30pm
Wednesday--Anthony's club soccer practice from 6:30-8pm

Anthony had high school soccer tryouts and then practice on Monday through Wednesday this week until 5:30pm. His regular high school practices will be at 7:30am from now until March. That probably means that Patrick will have to leave Natalie in the care of a neighbor as she waits for the bus that arrives around 7am. We're not sure what will happen with Alex's carpool yet, since they usually leave the house around 7:30am, at least when it's Patrick's turn to drive them to school.

We had some other schedule modifications this week, especially today. Since I was off from work and Patrick had to pick up Anthony later (at 5:30 instead of 4pm), Alex had to be picked up by a neighbor for club soccer practice and I took Eric with me to drop Natalie off at swim practice. I could have exercised this evening as I did earlier in the month before Thanksgiving threw everything off, but Eric hadn't eaten yet and I took a walk this morning with Patrick. We had dinner at Chick-Fil-A instead.

I took this picture to show Eric's "setup". They have plastic place mats there that stick to the table. He has to have his chicken nuggets cut up and spread out on the place mat and he has to have his chocolate milk. He also has to use a fork to eat, not his hands. This time I gave him ketchup which I put in the box. He also has to have fruit instead of fries, but he didn't end up eating it this time since we were planning to go to Dollar Scoop Tuesday after Natalie's swim practice.

Natalie usually takes a shower after practice, but I didn't want to take the extra time because of our aforementioned plans to go get ice cream. As we waited for her to get dressed, Eric started playing in the locker room. By the way, this is a "family" locker room that is shared by males and females, so there are more private stalls to change in and the showers are bigger to accommodate families.

I know Eric is totally posing in this picture, but I didn't have time to take another one. The lighting is just terrible, but you're not really supposed to take any pictures in the locker room for obvious reasons. We were alone at the time I started taking pictures, but then someone came in as part of a tour and I hurriedly finished up and tried to hide that I was taking pictures.

Of course Natalie had to show that she fit in the lockers also. She can get so silly sometimes--she reminds me of myself. *WINK*

One more silly thing that she did--she forgot to take off her underwear before putting on her swimsuit at home. She didn't realize it until she was changing back to her regular clothes in the locker room and she already had her wet underwear on--and no dry underwear to put on with her dry clothes. She totally cracked me up (and Patrick too, when I texted him about it).

So, we're going to be running around a bit more for the next few weeks until we get a break for the Holidays. I know that I'm already exhausted.

No comments: