Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Advent Calendars

I really didn't think I would have a chance to take photos of the Advent calendars I got for Natalie and Eric today, so I took the photos yesterday. The toy store had several of them, and Eric chose this Playmobil Police one.

I reminded the two of them of the Advent calendar "rules" last night. I knew Natalie would already know these, but I was worried about Eric. I told them they could only open one window per day. We've been worried about Eric trying to open presents under the tree lately. As it is, he's been fiddling with one of the musical ornaments that makes funny noises and sings several tunes. It's one that Alex got last year or the year before. He's constantly pressing the button to turn it on and we're afraid he's either going to break it or wear it out.

This is the Lego Advent calendar for this year. Natalie professes to love Lego City toys, which is the theme of this calendar.

I left these in their room last night and apparently they opened their windows as soon as they got out of bed. Eric's was a robber and Natalie's was a snowman. I might try to take a picture of each day's toys for my December Daily album. I didn't think to do that until just now. The big boys don't seem to miss having something to open every day, but I can really feel the excitement building with the little ones. Heck, I wouldn't mind one of these calendars too--they're so fun!

1 comment:

The Mom said...

We got two lego ones this year! The city one and the kingdom one! The boys really enjoy them!