Thursday, December 02, 2010

December 2

As part of giving a speech in front of his Biology class today, Anthony wore dressier clothes. I'd forgotten about this until this afternoon when I saw him coming out of the school.

This is a photo I took from my car through the front windshield. Notice that Anthony is not walking towards my car and notice that he isn't even looking at me. He was, however, looking around like he was trying to find me. I thought I saw him look at me, and I thought that maybe he was delivering some of the cookies he was carrying (a fundraiser for his soccer team) and that's why he passed me up. I had to call him to get his attention. He had see my car but he didn't know it was my car because we recently had to get new license plates. Apparently you have to get your license plates changed every seven years in Texas. We usually end up trading in our cars at about six years. In any case, he was looking for the previous license plate number.

I was only home for about ten minutes when we had to leave again to take Natalie to her swim practice. Patrick and I both went this time since Alex was catching a ride to soccer practice with a neighbor. I've been feeling a little run down, probably due to allergies, but I made myself exercise and I'm glad I did it. Someone at work brought some white chocolate with mints mixed in and I overindulged a little today.

Natalie told me on Tuesday that her coach timed her doing the 50 meter freestyle and her time was about 1 minute and 1 second. I don't know that much about swimming, but Patrick says that is a pretty good time for an 8-year-old. When she was on the neighborhood swim team this past summer, she only had to swim 25 meter races. She's definitely going to have better stamina next summer if she keeps this up. By the way, she didn't forget to take her underwear off when she put on her swimsuit today. *WINK*

I barely saw this little one today. He was at school all day and I saw him this afternoon only long enough to get my hug and kiss then I was off with Natalie. This scenery is part of his Playmobil Advent Calendar and includes a door that you can open. When I put this together upstairs, I had put Maya the Dog in the middle of it and pretended that she was peeking out of the door. He got the biggest kick out of this. I took this downstairs to place near his calendar and decided to go ahead and take a picture in slightly better lighting. Eric got up on that table to look at his stuffed dog that was peeking through that door. He also made Maya the Dog look through the window. Isn't he adorable?

No comments: