Monday, December 13, 2010

Project Update and Teacher Gifts

Anthony texted me at quarter to 8am this morning to tell me that he had soccer practice scheduled after school. Thanks for the warning! He told me an hour, but it ended up being two hours! We didn't get home until almost 6:30pm.

Patrick ran a lot of errands today with a three-year-old in tow. He spent a lot of time cutting pieces for Alex's castle project out of foam board. They finally started gluing it together tonight. When I took this picture, Patrick asked me, "Are you taking pictures of MY project?" Alex is so lucky that Patrick is helping him with this and I hope he appreciates it. For our part, Patrick and I feel like we need to help him because we're afraid Alex will cut himself with the X-acto knife again.

Between the four kids, especially the middle schooler and high schooler, they have about 22 teachers. With so many, we really can't spend a lot of money for each one. The exception is Natalie's main teacher, because she spends most of the day, everyday, with her class. I decided to dress up the packaging for Natalie's teacher gifts because Natalie might actually care about it and notice that I did that (in contrast to the boys). This was so easy that I would consider doing it for all of the packages if I had started earlier. She'll give these out tomorrow.

No comments: