Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Creative Day

First of all, if you usually receive a Christmas card from me--STOP LOOKING NOW! :)

Today was a creative day for me. Some of it wasn't exactly by choice. Patrick finished the Christmas newsletter, so we printed them and adhered them into the cards I've already made, then stuffed the envelopes. This design is just one example. I used big pad of different papers, so I mixed and matched them. This card used a very decorative paper on top, so it doesn't need further embellishment. On some of the others I added a snowflake with some bling on top to dress them up a bit. I didn't get a chance to take any photos of those before Patrick sealed the envelopes.

We should have reevaluated our list before now, because I made 90 cards and we currently have 94 on the address list. I do have some plans to make the last few easy to make, but I guess next year I'll have to make 100.

The rest of the day was spent decorating my December Daily 2010 album. I finally decided how to decorate the cover. It sort of came together and I'm more or less pleased with it. I felt good doing something creative again after my months-long dry spell.

I'm currently working on how to fit all the pictures I've taken every day in there. I'm following Ali Edwards' example by using a lot of large photos. I figured that I took that photography class this year and really improved on the quality of my photos. I might as well show my photos off! Unfortunately, my printer is acting up, so I'll be sending out the photos to be printed and Costco and I'll try to share them here once I put them in the album.

After doing all of this all day, this evening was filled with the usual picking up and dropping off of children from school to home and to their various activities. Alex is getting stressed about his usual homework combined with a big project due next Friday and a big debate tournament this weekend. Natalie was frustrated with her homework that required her to think a little instead of having the answers laid out for her. Eric wanted to go with me to take Alex to his soccer practice, and he fell asleep in the car on the way there. He woke up when we got home and I thought he might stay up for a bit, but he was still pretty groggy and cranky when I changed his clothes, so I put him to bed at 6:30. So goes another night at our busy house!

2 comments:

Cynthia Baldwin said...

I figured it was OK to look, since you were in my house when you made these cards. ;)
Love your DD cover! I'm sure you'll post some more of the inside - looking forward to it!
Love,
C

Catherine said...

I love the look of both the cards and your album! I have yet to do my cover, but I have been working steadily through the days, even using some of the layered digital templates of hers.