Monday, December 20, 2010

Boys and Girls

I was too tired today to take any pictures, if you can even imagine that happening. After work, I went straight to my dentist appointment. Anthony and Alex were already there for their appointments. Patrick had dropped them off since he and the other two had their appointments last week. After the appointments, we went home, watched an episode of "No Ordinary Family" together as a family. Patrick then left to take Anthony to pick up his friend and take them to see "Tron: The Legacy" movie while the rest of us had dinner.

After dinner, Eric wanted to "share" some of my Haagen-Dazs Bananas Foster ice cream. While we were sharing, we were having a little conversation that went something like this:

Eric: Mama, you're a girl.
Me: Yes, I am.
Eric: I told Papa that. Papa's a boy because you're a girl.
Me: So, Papa is a boy only BECAUSE I'm a girl?
Eric: Natalie is a girl too. Natalie is a girl and you're a girl. Ina boy (I'm a boy).
Me: Yes, you are a boy. How do you know you're a boy?
Eric: Anthony and Alex are boys and Ina boy too.


This also reminds me of the time where he insisted that girls had long hair and boys had short hair. With today's popular long hairstyles, I think this belief would probably confuse him. It's still pretty cute to have these little conversations with him.

One more thing--he can now sing "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" all by himself. He even gets all the words right. I'll have to work on trying to record that so I can share.

No comments: