Thursday, December 30, 2010

Like Home

Whenever I visit my Mom and Dad, it's like being home again. Mom always has all our favorite dishes cooked and ready. I've been eating constantly since we got here this afternoon--fresh lumpia, barbecue on a stick, Lumpia Shanghai. They have three different flavors of ice cream in the freezer (chocolate, coffee, and peach), as well as popsicles and little Drumsticks for the kids. Natalie and Eric had their favorite--"rice soup". Mom even had some homemade biscotti that my aunt made and sent, and some yummy Ghirardelli chocolates that Anthony couldn't resist. There was fruit salad that took Alex back to his Wiggles days. When he was scooping some up, he sang, "Fruit Salad--yummy, yummy" all while rubbing his tummy. Eric just takes it for granted that he will be fed constantly when Mom is around. Mom even has food ready to bring to my sister's house for the New Year tomorrow, since she and her family will be just returning home after visiting her in-laws. One of these days I hope to be like you, Mom. Love you!

No comments: