Monday, August 31, 2009

Relaxing Mondays

I found the perfect picture for my new header! DH took this photo today. DS#3 looks so relaxed just nonchalantly blowing bubbles. Unfortunately, this was not tiring enough and he did not take a nap today. All the kids stopped taking naps around this time, but DH and I are hoping this will not be the routine for DS#3.

This is how he looked later on. Even though we were watching "Wipeout", which can be an exciting show, DS#3 did not look excited at all. I almost thought he was going to fall asleep on my lap. Fortunately, I was able to give him a bath first and he went to bed willingly. I thought it was hilarious how his tucked his arm underneath his head. He often likes to climb into my lap when we watch TV, an interaction we both tend to enjoy. He is growing up way too fast.

I took this closeup while he was on my lap. I love that for once he isn't doing his cheesy smile and I can actually see his beautiful brown eyes.

Mondays tend to be a little more relaxed around our family lately. No scheduled activities means we can stay at home and be a family. We watched "Wipeout" earlier and DH and the older boys are currently watching one of their new favorites, "Warehouse 13". Tuesdays and Thursdays are soccer days with DD's piano lessons also on Thursdays. Wednesdays will soon get busy with DS#2 and DD taking Faith Formation (CCD) classes along with DS#2's guitar lessons. Fridays will hopefully be more relaxed also so we can store up some energy for soccer weekends. That's how our fall is shaping up. I think it's better than in previous years when we have had daily scheduled activities. I'm thankful for those days when we can catch our breath. :)

4 comments:

Cynthia Baldwin said...

Love the closeup photo of him! Great header too!! :)

The Mom said...

Great photos!! I can't believe how big he is getting!! Can't wait to see you on Wednesday!! :)

Dashboard Dad said...

You have trained P very well with the camera. Great picture! I agree about the down days, we have two really bad ones coming up.

Catherine said...

What a great header shot! And I have to agree...those catch-your-breath days are wonderful!