Friday, November 20, 2009

I am Thankful for Today

Recently, some people have been posting daily about something they're thankful for on their Facebook page. I'm going to take this opportunity to turn some of today's events into reasons to be thankful.

--Although I only got about three hours of broken sleep last night, I'm thankful that I at least got some sleep.

--Although I'm so exhausted from working last night that I spent the morning napping, I'm thankful that I had today off.

--Although it was rainy and dreary all day, I'm thankful for the good sleeping weather.

--Although DS#3 spent a lot of time in front of the TV today, I'm thankful that he was happy being indoors (since it was so wet outside).

--Although I didn't get to finish my Christmas shopping today because I was so tired and because my dear sister M hasn't yet sent me my niece's wish list, I'm thankful that I finished most of my Christmas shopping yesterday.

--Although it was super crowded at the mall today, I'm thankful that DH, DS#3, and I went there to have lunch and that we had ice cream at Haagen-Dazs.

--Although I found out that one of my favorite cosmetic brands (Prescriptives) will only be selling online by February 2010 and then only while supplies last, I'm thankful that I was able to buy some of their products today and that I still have time to buy some more before they're gone.

--Although DS#3 was napless this afternoon, I'm thankful that he was still very pleasant for me today.

--Although the soccer tournament was cancelled for this weekend because of the rain and will possibly be rescheduled for next weekend AND I had been looking forward to the end of soccer season, I'm thankful that we don't have to trek out in the mud to play soccer tomorrow. I'm also thankful that this means that we get to "sleep in" tomorrow (our first game would have been at 8AM).

--Although I barely saw DS#2 and DD today because they were at school when I got home from work and then they were playing with friends as soon as they got home from school, I was thankful for the chance to watch TV together as a family tonight.

--Although I had to drive DS#1 to and from the movie theatre tonight, I'm thankful that he is socializing with his friends instead of hiding out in his room texting his friends and playing on Facebook on his laptop.

--Although I got a little upset about the crowds and traffic I had to get through to drop off and pick up DS#1 from the movie theatre tonight, I'm thankful that he told me he appreciated the trouble I was going through and that he loved me, without any prompting from me.

A positive outlook is very important. I'm thankful that I have a positive outlook. :)

1 comment:

Catherine said...

It's a great perspective to have!