
Merry Christmas, Everyone! I spent a lonely day at work yesterday, but my dear family did come for a visit at dinner time. That totally made my day! I got home around 7:30AM and everyone was still eating breakfast. Apparently, DD and DS#3 both got up (and went to Grandma and Grandpa's room downstairs) around 4AM. They both apparently fell asleep again, thank goodness. When I got home I insisted on taking a picture of the kids in front of the tree before they could open gifts. I'll do what it takes to get pictures of my adorable babies! :)

We have this tradition of distributing the gifts before everyone opens anything. DS#3 didn't know this, of course, so he started opening as soon as there was a gift in front of him to open. Grandma bought him this musical guitar. He loved it so much that he didn't play with anything else for quite a while. In fact, everyone finished opening all their gifts before he even opened the second gift. More on this later...

DS#1 had lots of "little" gifts--"little" in size and not price. He got lots of video games--"Assassin's Creed II", "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2", and "Borderlands". He got an ITunes gift certificate, shirt, and Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Calendar from his grandparents. Look at that smile on his face from holding onto that calendar! He also got a Wendy's gift certificate from my sister C and that brought a big smile to his face, too!

DD got lots of clothes and Hannah Montana gifts. This is a Hannah Montana guitar from my mom and dad that she just loved! We joked about how she and DS#3 could play duets together on their guitars. Then we joked that since DS#2 plays guitar, they could even play trios. After church, DD spent the rest of the day playing with some of the crafty gifts she received. She made jewelry, stickers, and played with her Bendaroos.

Look at that wall of presents! When I told DS#2 that I wanted to take a picture of him with his new toys and gifts, he made this wall for some reason. It took him a while to do it too, because he was trying to stand all of the presents up. Where DS#1 had the "little" gifts, DS#2 definitely had the "big" gifts. His favorite was probably the "Scribblenauts" game for his Nintendo DS. He has been talking about this game for a good month or so. DH and I HAD to get it for him.

Speaking of "have to get" gifts, DS#3 just "had to get" Thomas the Tank Engine gifts because he loves trains SO MUCH. He opened the presents from my dear sis C next, and only because DD had quickly finished opening her gifts and she didn't seem to like seeing other unopened gifts lying around. She got him a radio control Thomas and one of the Duplo Thomas sets (we got him one too). He played with this one for a long time too. He enjoyed just watching the trains move by themselves. He didn't even try to "control" the trains, he just wanted them to keep going. At one point he was just watching Thomas drive around in circles. He clutched the Duplo Thomas during the whole time at church and he had to have Thomas and Stanley at the dinner table with him.

One side note about the food--for the first time ever, I baked a turkey and it turned out really well. Yay me! I picked some simple side dishes since I knew I would be working on Christmas Eve--cornbread stuffing from a mix, turkey gravy from a jar, frozen premade dinner rolls, and green bean casserole. Grandma bought the cranberry relish from our local grocery store, although I had bought some canned cranberries.

My dear SIL L arrived just before dinner and while Grandma and Grandpa were talking about how cold it was here (30s to 50s), she and my BIL G were talking about how warm it was here (she came from Boston and he came from Alaska). We had such a great family dinner. It is SO good to be able to see them all since we see them so rarely. After dinner we watched had ice cream and some also had cake (German Chocolate that my in-laws bought) then we watched Elf. More family activities tomorrow but for today, a really wonderful Christmas. I hope everyone else out there had a really wonderful Christmas too!
1 comment:
Hey Melanie -
I see the Spy Trackdown game in you son's "wall" of gifts. Remi got that last year and the electronic thing didn't work. So I would suggest opening that game right away and trying it out. If it doesn't work get online and send an email to the company. It took several emails and attempts to talk to a human. I left several messages on their system. Finally, in about June we did get a replacement. It is a really fun game though so it is worth the work. But hopefully yours will jsut work.
Post a Comment