Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Our First Christmas Visitors

We did a lot more cleaning this morning, and then we decided to take a break and go to the mall for lunch and then Haagen-Dazs ice cream. Well, the real reason was that DH and I wanted Haagen-Dazs ice cream. *WINK* This isn't the greatest picture, but when I saw this scene I had to take a picture so I could remember it. The kids all looked so happy sitting together and enjoying their ice cream--DD and DS#3 with chocolate, DS#2 with Dulce de Leche, and DS#1 with a Bailey's shake. Seeing this just made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. :)

Grandma, Grandpa, and DH's brother G arrived at our house while we were at the mall. After getting reacquainted and relaxing a little this afternoon, we headed to DH's favorite restaurant (and a favorite of my in-laws as well) El Mirasol for dinner. Here DS#3 is showing Papa his "teeth". He didn't have a nap again today. Sadly, we think he has pretty much given up naps. Before he would at least take one every other day or so. He has only taken the very shortest of naps in the last few days that I've been home. *SIGH*

Here is a group picture of everyone. It's always nice when we get together with family. DH and I look forward to the day when they move here. Hopefully that will be very soon. When I asked DS#1 this morning (while I was driving him to an early morning soccer practice) what he was looking forward to the most with Christmas approaching. He answered that we hadn't seen Uncle G in a while. During a later conversation, DS#2 agreed. It's nice to know that the kids aren't always about Christmas PRESENTS. :)

DD has been bugging me for a couple of weeks to make a gingerbread house. I bought this premade kit and we finally got to make it today/tonight. I was in a hurry and first made the icing too thick and then made it too thin. The candies are probably falling off as I type this but DD had a lot of fun decorating the house all by herself so I let go of perfection. Besides, Grandma brought a gingerbread train kit that we can make later in the week. DD also wanted to make cookies for Santa, but since I have to work tomorrow, DH volunteered to do that with her tomorrow. Christmas is coming and it's all coming together. :)

No comments: