I just wanted to show the picture of the Majestic Theatre that DH and I went to yesterday. The photo from my pocket camera actually came out decently. Isn't that ceiling just incredible? I loved just looking at the inside of the theatre.
Today, DS#2 had his first guitar recital ever. He played "What Child Is This?" in a duet with his teacher. He was nervous before the recital and he said as much. He went first so he was able to get it done and over quickly. DH and I were pretty proud of him. He's no professional, but he's definitely shown a progression of ability since he started lessons.
We left after the second performance of the recital because we had tickets to see the San Antonio Symphony. They're having a series of concerts specifically targeted at kids and we bought four tickets for DH, DS#2, DD, and me. DS#1 didn't seem interested and DS#3 would not have been able to sit still. Before the concert, DS#2 and DD had a chance to try out some instruments, sort of like a "instrument petting zoo". DD seemed particularly interested in the viola.The concert was Christmas themed, of course, and included Santa Claus and one of his elves named "Elf Gang Holideus Mozart". It was definitely geared towards younger kids. DS#2 looked bored through most of it, but DD seemed to really enjoy it. (I asked DS#2 just now if he enjoyed the concert and he replied, "Kind of.") We have tickets to two more in the series, so I'm hoping he'll enjoy the others a bit better.
Tonight, we're planning to go to Santa's Railroad Wonderland which is held every December at the Texas Transportation Museum here in town. I'll report back tomorrow with pictures.
1 comment:
So as a music person, I really wish we had something like that around here....what a great way to get kids interested in instruments!
Post a Comment