I was very busy at work last night so I ended up with less than 4 hours of sleep. That made me less excited about going to the gym with DH. Instead, he took a walk and then we went to Bass Pro Shops at the Rim because we had heard that they had some cool things for kids to do. The first picture is DS#3 in front of a huge fish tank they had in the middle of the store. DS#3 had so much fun pointing to all the "big fish" and "baby fish" (which really weren't much smaller than the "big" fish).
They also had this huge track with a car that would just keep racing around and around the track. All you had to do was push a button and the car would go. No steering involved. There was also a trigger that DS#3 kept pushing that made the car switch tracks (sort of like the switch on train tracks). Notice that DS#3 is talking here (more on this later).
DS#3 watched another kid playing with this big remote control Toyota Tundra and couldn't wait until it was his turn. This involved actual steering, which was difficult for him, but the truck was on this large table with rubber sides and a big tire glued in the middle for the truck to bounce off of, so no harm done. He didn't persist with this, I think, because it was so difficult for him to even hold the controls.
There was even this small shooting arcade type area. DS#3 seemed fascinated with the gun sounds and watching his Papa shoot. This gun was a little too big for him, as you can see. They did have a smaller one for smaller kids to use, but honestly, I think DS#3 wanted the one that his Papa had just because his Papa had it and because it WAS bigger than him. :)
Of course, the big Christmas train was probably DS#3's favorite area. We stayed here for a little while just watching the train going around and around. As you can see, DS#3 is talking here, too. He was his normal chatty little self, mostly saying, "Hey Mama" or "Hey Papa" followed by a description in his words, of what he was looking at. We had a smaller train somewhere that we used to set up under the Christmas tree, but we need to see if it still works. DS#3 would LOVE that!As a side note, I'm amazed that people were shopping at this place wearing their camouflage. It made me wonder if they came in to shop right before or after going to wherever it was they were hunting or fishing or whatever at. Surely they don't wear that stuff all the time?! Bass Pro Shops even sells camouflage for toddlers/kids! They have crafts for kids on the weekends. We might have to go back there some time.
2 comments:
Um, I hate to burst that bubble, but camo is de riguer here.
Yep they wear it all the time! I have been there a bunch of times and they just like that, kind of like I like green! You should go to Cabelas!! You can get just about anything you want in camo there!! We might see you there this weekend because I promised the boys we would try to go see Santa there this weekend!
Post a Comment