Friday, December 04, 2009

Piece of the Puzzle

DS#3 has never been overly affectionate. He gives hugs and kisses on his own time--when HE is ready and when HE feels like it. No matter what, I can usually convince him to at least say "I wuv you, Mama" when I put him to bed. For the last couple of weeks or so, he has been refusing to do even that. In fact, he's been refusing to give me any hugs or kisses at all, and if I go ahead and kiss him, he'll wipe it off. He has still been giving lots of hugs and kisses to his big sister, however.

Before tonight, I've really only seen DS#3 do those wooden single piece puzzles with the handles on each of the pieces, although I've seen the other puzzles strewn about in the gameroom. Tonight we put some puzzles together, a couple of 24 piece and one 12 piece puzzle. I put together most of the puzzles, but he would put a couple of pieces together here and there. When it came down to the last couple of pieces of the Dora puzzle, for example, he knew exactly where they went and one of them, when he held it up to the rest of the puzzle, he realized that it needed to be rotated 180 degrees and did just that to make it fit. I was amazed. I told him what a smart boy he was and he just made that embarrassed smile face that he makes.

I realized that this was probably the most time I've spent with him in the last week or so. DD, on the other hand, has been spending lots of time playing with him. Last weekend, she even played "school" with him. He wanted to wear his Dora backpack and everything--too cute. Tonight he said "I wuv you, Mama" when I put him in bed. Maybe I need to spend some more quality time with my youngest boy. Then maybe he'll start giving me more kisses and hugs again.

No comments: