This December Daily album that I'm trying to work on is described on Ali Edward's blog. She's emphasizing one story per day instead of the "day in the life" angle that I've described in the past two days. I like that idea so I'm going to try to emphasize at least one seasonal story every day. Today, the story is about Eric and the Christmas ornaments.
Eric has constantly been fiddling with the Christmas ornaments. He loves looking at them, he touches them, and he presses the ones that make noise or music. He is as gentle as most four-year-olds, which means that he is not gentle.He also likes to go all around the tree messing with all of the ornaments equally, not just the ones in the front. In this picture, he's stepping over the fireplace thingy (what do you call that?) to climb over to the back of the tree. He actually asked me to take this picture. He was like, "Mama, look at me!" Doesn't he have the most mischievous smile? He just cracked me up when he did this!
The result of Eric fiddling with the ornaments--broken ornaments. Sigh! This is a small pile on Patrick's desk that he plans on fixing. There's a shepherd without a head. There's a Santa riding on a train with the front bumper broken off. This besides the fact that Eric will accidentally take the ornaments off the tree and then he has trouble hanging them back up.We haven't put any presents under the tree yet. We're afraid of what will happen then!
1 comment:
I have a whole series of very old photos of my Eldest circling the tree and then snatching ornaments. I think there's some kind of justice this year with their 3 year old and 9 month old...lol!
Post a Comment