DH got my car washed yesterday. I don't like to take the time get my car washed, but he was sweet enough to do it for me. While he was doing that, DS#3 and I went to his Gymboree class. I realized that I don't do too much when I'm off during the week. I mostly hang out with DH and DS#3 doing their normal activities, like going to the gym or Gymboree. I don't get anything productive done, but I wouldn't change it. I love watching DS#3 doing his thing. He's growing up so fast!
One of their usual activities is going to Costco. We had lunch there. DH and I had pizza and DS#3 had a hotdog. Their hotdogs there are a good 10 inches long. DS#3 ate a good 8 inches of that! He doesn't like to ride in the cart, so he walked all over Costco. I saw him standing on the back part of the cart where DH was standing and I thought it was so cute. DH merely said that DS#3 does that all the time. I miss so much when I'm at work!This morning the three of us took a long walk in the neighborhood for exercise. It was beautiful weather, in the mid-60s and sunny (although it warmed up very quickly to an eventual high in the 90s). We talked about lots of things including how we were very happy with our neighborhood. I went to an eye appointment and DH and DS#3 went to Gymboree. We went to the mall for lunch and then we had Haagen-Dazs ice cream for dessert. DH and I usually share a double scoop of their Coffee and Belgian Chocolate Chocolate flavors. DS#3 was sitting next to us enthralled at the mini-car (or whatever it was called) that they had on display inside the mall. I just felt very content. I turned to DH and said, "We have a good life." He smiled and agreed. :)
1 comment:
Isn't it great when you have those "stop and think" moments when you are content??
Post a Comment