Thursday, April 09, 2009

Happy Birthday #2!

What a birthday it's been for DS#3 today! We started out by going to the pediatrician for his two-year-old checkup. He is officially 24 1/4 pounds (5th percentile) and 34 inches tall (50th percentile). So, he's a skinny little guy but he's still growing, so the pediatrician isn't worried and neither are DH and I. He also got his second Hepatitis A shot. He was playing on my IPhone at the time, so he barely noticed the alcohol wipe just before the shot. He did cry just when she did the injection, but he calmed down fairly quickly with some comforting and with the distraction of the IPhone. Then I got to run some errands after which both of us had our naps. He slept for almost three hours! Those shots always seem to wear the kids out.

As sometimes happens when he naps TOO long, he woke up crying and I couldn't console him. He also got upset because he saw the Flaming Hot Cheetos and he really wanted some, but I wouldn't give him some because it was right before dinner. DS#1 didn't help matters. He told me, "But it's his BIRTHDAY, Mama." Luckily I was able to distract him with a Dora tape. The "big" boys had soccer practice, so after dinner, they left with DH. DS#3 actually ate the enchilada casserole that I made for dinner. I was a little surprised because lately if it isn't rice, pasta, a hotdog or a cheese stick, he won't eat it. We postponed his birthday cake for when the boys got home from practice.

Poor DS#3 has terrible parents. We couldn't find our candles. When he saw the luscious chocolate cake, he got out his own plate and asked for some. He got excited when I told him he could have some, but then he got upset because I wasn't giving him some right away. We were waiting for DS#2 to get back because we had sent him to the neighbors to get two candles! When we finally got the candles and lit them, he looked at the cake very suspiciously. The boys ended up blowing out his candles for him. He still enjoyed eating the cake, however, and he finished his whole piece.

After cake we opened presents. DS#3 didn't have any idea what he was supposed to do. At first DS#1 showed him how to rip part of the wrapping paper off, then DD stepped in. She enjoyed that so much that she kept ripping even when DS#3 finally started doing some ripping by himself.

I just think this photo is absolutely hilarious! DD looks much more excited than DS#3 about the "Wheels On The Bus" book that Grandma and Grandpa had sent for him. He did end up playing with it later. He enjoyed the fact that the book had wheels so it could "stand" on its own. He may not look excited here, but that frown is just his look of concentration. His siblings and father get that same look when they're reading or concentrating hard on a task.

I found this Diego Jeep at Target a couple of weeks ago. Despite DS#3 having every vehicle imaginable, he really seemed to enjoy this one. He even took it with him to bed. :)

6 comments:

Cynthia Baldwin said...

LOL! That next-to-last photo of N and E is too funny! Yes, she does look excited. Him? Not so much.
And in that last pic: SCORE on the Diego car! I see his little bus on the table in front of him! Well, I guess he'll get a few more when we arrive tomorrow (yay!).

Scrapperbo said...

Adorable! I can't believe that he is already 2!!

The Mom said...

Those photos are so cute!! He looks so big, I can't believe how much he has grown since we first moved here and got to see him!!

Janelle Shultz said...

he's so adorable...great pic's & happy birthday to little man!

Catherine said...

I just cannot believe he's TWO ALREADY!!! Where did those years go???

Jules said...

That boy sure does love his vehicles!!! I can't believe he's 2!