Wow, the Media has really hyped up this Swine Flu outbreak! All of the doctors and nurses that I work with think this is all overblown. Unfortunately, now it's starting to affect my family. The boys' practices were cancelled this week. Today we found out that all of their games (five games on Saturday) are cancelled, as are many (if not all?) games south of Austin. So, we have a "free" weekend, which is something to look forward to, but at what price? DS#1's games are not going away. They will have to be scheduled for some other weekend where we have lots of stuff to do already. DS#2 was supposed to be doing a 3v3 tournament within his soccer club, so the club just cancelled that one outright, but he has another tournament next week.
Luckily, their schools have not been closed yet. I don't really want them to get out for the summer any later than they are already scheduled to get out. At least we're lucky in that DH stays at home, so we have "child care" lined up. I feel sorry for all of those parents that both work outside of the home and now have to figure out what to do with their kids that are now on unscheduled vacations.
Still, I always have to remind myself of what I need to be thankful for. I'm thankful that my family is healthy. I'm thankful that DH doesn't have to spend all day Saturday driving. I'm thankful that I don't have to spend all day Saturday on a soccer field with three of my children. I'm thankful that I have tomorrow off!
2 comments:
Wow! That's amazing!!
I agree with you Melanie, all UIL has been cancelled, but concerts and proms are still going on. So far we have no schools closing but you never know.
Post a Comment