I've been meaning to post about this conversation we were having in the van this past week. DH was giving DS#1 a hard time about all of the texts he's been sending and receiving. We just recently added texting to our cell phone plan and we've all been getting used to being able to text. Because texting usually involves using abbreviations to include acronyms, I asked DS#1 if he knew what "ROFLPIMP" meant. The following is approximately what everyone said next:
DS#1: I know what "ROFL" means, but I'm not sure about "PIMP".
Me: It means "Rolling On the Floor Laughing Peeing In My Pants".
DS#2: Rolling On the Floor Laughing In My Pants.
We all start laughing, of course, thinking that DS#2 is always in his own world and is forever trying to catch up on conversations he hasn't been listening to. I don't remember the rest of the conversation, but it involved lots of laughing to the point of tears!
Today, DS#2 was recalling that conversation. First some background--some time ago, DS#2 said he could break dance and proceeded to try to show me. Of course, he wasn't really break dancing and in fact, I told him that it looked like he was wiping the wood floor with his pants instead. So today, he brings up both of those conversations while we were eating lunch:
DS#2: When I was break dancing, I was "ROFLIMP", Rolling On the Floor Laughing In My Pants, because I was on the floor and I was laughing and I was wearing pants.
Me: (I was laughing so hard!)
DS#2 (looking underneath the table): "Aww! You're not wearing pants!
Me: (For the record, I wasn't wearing pants because I was wearing shorts! I laughed even harder!)
I'm so bad at remembering the details of conversations, but I hope that reading this is as funny as experiencing it. *WINK*
Oh, and I almost forgot. We got our first bill since getting our new phones. DS#2 went over our limit of 200 texts apiece. DH and I were nowhere near the limit, of course. DS#1 paid back the overage and we warned him about how costly that could become. Of course, today during lunch, he sent and received at least four texts within a few minutes. We'll see what happens...
1 comment:
That's very funny. Ah, yes, the text messages. I understand that one, and it's why we wouldn't even touch a plan unless it had unlimited texting. Two teen girls in the house = necessity.
Post a Comment