Thursday, September 10, 2009

Calm Before The Storm

I took DS#3 for his haircut today. We've been taking him to this place called Sharkey's Cuts for Kids for a while now. I took him the first time and DH took him the last couple of times. Apparently the last time, he didn't cry at all. Today he seemed very calm when we first walked in and he wanted to get in the Lightning McQueen car. He was looking down, though, and I sensed that a change in mood was coming. That's when I took this picture. After a couple of minutes, he decided that he wanted out of the Lightning McQueen car. *SIGH* Then, he started crying and he cried through the whole haircut.

One reason why we go to this place is that they just roll with it and just get the haircut done quickly. We were joking around about how I was torn between trying to comfort him and wanting to take video so I could show it to him when he gets older and hopefully doesn't hate haircuts anymore. We also joked about how it would be funny if he still did this when he was 40--umm, no. Actually, I told her that once he's 18, he'll be out of my hands. In any case, I took one picture to document the sad, crying, pleading face as well as the finished haircut.

There was a toy train at the checkout counter. It's one of those that you can attach a balloon too and when the balloon is blown up and then released, the train whistles as the air rushing out of the balloon propels it forward. He wanted it, it was only $3, so I bought it for him. I may have been joking, but I still felt bad for my poor little guy.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I totally love that little sad face! When Preemie Boy was this age, there were no places like this. I had to stand in front of him with a baggie of miniature marshmallows, popping them in his mouth so he would at least sit still for the haircut. It was very sad if I ran out before it was done.