Saturday, September 26, 2009

Wiped Out

Today started with a 9AM soccer game. DD's team played the team they tied last week. In this picture, DD seems to be running full speed after that soccer ball. In reality, she wasn't very aggressive today. If the ball was coming towards her, she would get out of its way. This is of course the way to play dodgeball but not the way to play soccer.

As an aside, notice how large her soccer uniform is. Her uniform is a youth medium, which was the smallest size they had. She's usually a small. DS#2 can fit into a youth medium, although he usually likes his clothes a little big--youth large.

We left the boys at home for DD's soccer game. When we got home, DS#2 was playing on the Wii. DS#3 looked very interested so we asked him if he wanted to play too. DS#2 was all for it, but I decided to just give DS#3 a controller that wasn't turned on. He seemed satisfied with that. I definitely see some video game playing in his future.

Earlier this week we had some cooler weather with the recent rains. Sometimes when there's a temperature change like this I'll start to get a cold. I currently have an occasional dry cough. DS#1 has this chronic dry cough that gets worse sometimes, like this week. Today he woke up "not feeling well". He had what sounded like a sinus headache and a low grade fever. DH and I were at DD's soccer game when he called. We told him to take some ibuprofen and get some rest. He felt a little better after a while and still wanted to go to his 1PM game. DS#2 had a game at 1PM also but on the opposite side of town. DH and DS#3 went to DS#2's game and DD and I went to DS#1's game.

DS#1 told his coach about how he was feeling so the coach put him at the goalie position for the first half so he wouldn't have to run so much. Unfortunately his team failed him a little and let the other team score twice in the first half. He did have a few good saves, however, and everyone seemed happy with the way he played. Still, he seemed to be under the weather, so the coach let him sit out most of the second half (he's usually a starter and plays for most of the game). DS#1 is the second one from the left, in the front row of seats in this picture.

He must have started feeling a little better, because the coach put him into the game in the last five minutes. Here you can see him (in the blue) running fast to help defend the goal from his opponent (in the yellow) while DS#1's team's goalie (in bright green) runs back to defend the goal. Unfortunately, at the end of the game he walked up to me and said that he wasn't feeling well at all. He even napped a little in the car on the way home. He didn't even feel like eating out and getting ice cream tonight. That's when we really knew he wasn't feeling well. That boy usually has a very healthy appetite.

He had a fever to 101.9 tonight, so he's a maybe for the soccer game tomorrow. His main complaint is that he is just "wiped out". He doesn't have any other symptoms of the flu, so I'm sure this is all allergy-related. I'm feeling a bit tired myself this evening. I have more of a runny nose than he does, but I'm feeling very worn out too. Let's hope that my whole family stays healthy or gets better by Monday.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Hope he gets feeling better~!

The Mom said...

Hope you are all feeling better!! I will have to share a picture of Ian's soccer uniform. He is the biggest on his team and has an ADULT SMALL!! He is swimming in his uniform!!