Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Thumbs Up

Today, Grandma was going to be going home to Colorado, so we had a relaxed trip to the mall for lunch. While I was indulging in some retail therapy, DS#3 got hungry so DH and his mom went ahead and fed him some Chik-Fil-A chicken nuggets. He was already done by the time I got there and he was eating some of the fruit from his kid's meal. DH and I then bought some gyros. We were surprised, but DS#3 asked to take a bite out of DH's gyro. After he took a bite, I asked him if he liked it, and I held my thumb up. To my surprise, he held up his thumb too. He was so stinkin' cute that I had to get a picture. Of course at first he only gave me a cheesy smile and no thumb action. After some coaxing, he obliged. :)

It was a rainy day today, so we walked around the mall for a bit. We saw this in one of the store windows. DS#3 was fascinated, of course, and here you can see that he is trying to see through the tiny gap between the glass panes of the window. If I had prompted him, he probably would have held up his thumb here again. ;-)

Grandma made it home okay tonight. Tonight we also went to an open house at DS#1's high school. Because of the rain, soccer practices were cancelled, so the kids got to stay home with DS#1 and watch a movie. DH and I were pretty happy with all of DS#1's teachers and again we felt privileged for our son to be able to go to what basically amounts to a private school with public school money. Thumbs up all around for today. :)

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Love the thumbs up!!