Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Toy Story Mania

We got Toy Story Mania for the Wii yesterday. I'm not usually the type to care that much about video games or getting a game the first day it's out, but this one really excited me. It's very similar to the attraction at Disney-MGM in Florida that was very popular when we were there in January of this year. The whole family loved it and everyone else did too, judging from the long lines. It's a classic shoot 'em up arcade type game. The Disney attraction was available in 3D and so is this video game (although you don't have to view the video game in 3D).

I didn't get to play yesterday because there was soccer practice for the kids plus I was preparing a lecture to give to the residents at work this morning. Playing it tonight was a reward for me for doing a good job with the lecture. ;) Actually, for the first time, my hands didn't get icy right before I had to give the lecture, and I didn't panic when the projector wouldn't work. I gave the lecture entirely from my notes, and I even got a couple of compliments from another staff member afterwards, as well as one of the residents. I felt almost comfortable giving the lecture for probably the first time ever.

But, this post is about this cool game. It was everything that I hoped that it would be. Even though the whole point of most of the video game is to shoot at things, I was surprisingly entertained. I think my right arm will be sore tomorrow based on all of the shaking, twisting, and other contortions I had to do, but it was SO fun! Oh, and the picture above is of DD wearing the available 3D glasses that I didn't bother wearing. I didn't need them and I wanted to be able to view the screen in full without those silly glasses obstructing my view or making my head ache from looking at the 3D image.

In short, if you're thinking of getting this game (I'm talking to YOU, CB!), then get it. I can't wait to come home tomorrow and play it again. :)

No comments: