Now on to happier tales... Yesterday was a day off for me, a "comp" day for working last Saturday. DH suggested going for a walk after he dropped off DS#1 at school. Up until yesterday we had a few days of nice weather where, even though it still got up into the mid 90s, there was a nice breeze that actually made it nice to be outside. There is a fairly new park area near our neighborhood that has long walking/jogging paths. It's pleasant to look at the scenery, but it's even better that the paths are shaded.
This is a picture of DH pushing the stroller that DS#3 was riding in. DS#3 was adorable, pointing out the "tees" (trees), "das" (grass), and "dawdies" (doggies) that we saw during the walk. A couple of times there was even an "air pain" (airplane) in the sky. He would point and say, "Look Papa! There's (fill in the blank)!"Later I got to eat lunch with my friend Jen and her own adorable little 4 1/2 year old boy, and I reminisced about how he was the age DS#3 is now when they moved into town two years ago. I then got to take a nap with DS#3, eat dinner with the family, and then the kids and I went to Target.
I took this picture because I thought it was hilarious that we were taking this little family outing to Target. The kids LOVE to go to Target. We all can usually find a little something to buy. DS#1 actually actively looked for clothing on this trip and he ended up buying three T-shirts. DS#2 wasn't allowed to buy any of the Legos he wanted because he recently bought some. Star Wars Legos are his current obsession, and he counts the days until he can buy another set. DD got a gift card from her godmother for her birthday and it's been burning a hole in her pocket. She didn't end up getting anything, however. This visit happened to be a little rushed because DS#3 found some Thomas the Tank Engine Legos that he desperately wanted to play with. It was too big a set to buy "just because" but it definitely gave me some ideas for Christmas.Overall, DS#1 came out ahead with some clothing, and DH got to do his own thing at home. I got to spend some time with the kids. It's all good.
2 comments:
It was a fun lunch and after you left I thought man I had my camera in my purse we should have gotten a picture of the little guys together!!
Glad your company is doing the right thing (FINALLY)!!!
WOAH! Your kids have grown so much!!! Hope you're doing well. Hugs!
Post a Comment