Friday, September 25, 2009

My Family Invades A Hair Salon

On Wednesday, I was getting my hair cut at Bangz Hair Salon and talking to my hair stylist E (who is also the owner) about how I had told my boys that they need to get their hair cut this week. E has a new hair stylist on staff that needs more experience, so he offered to have her cut the boys' hair for $10 apiece. This is about the same price we pay at Supercuts where they usually get their hair cut, so I made appointments for the boys for today. It looked like my whole family invading the hair salon! Here DS#3 is entertaining himself on one of the hairdryer seats.

As I've mentioned in previous blog posts, DD is going to dress up as a doctor for Halloween. Today I brought her one of the disposable stethoscopes we use at work. She also had her hair cut today, but her stylist has a bit more experience and didn't take very long at all to cut her hair. This meant, of course, that I had to keep her busy and entertained or she would keep bothering her baby brother.

Of course, DS#3 was intrigued by this new "toy". At first he put it on with the earpieces actually in his ears. Since DD was tapping on the bell piece so she could hear the tapping with her earpiece in place, he also started tapping on the bell piece. Then he decided to put the earpieces on his waist instead, but he was still tapping on that bell piece. Pretty soon he was just swinging the whole stethoscope and at one point caused the bell piece to come apart. I was able to easily put it back together again, much to DD's relief.

This new hair stylist took about 45 minutes to wash and cut each boy's hair, so we still had some time to kill. The owner brought this huge book of tractors in to show DS#3. Naturally, DS#3 was immediately intrigued. He and DD looked through that book for a little while. I had to laugh when DS#3 saw an open field in one of the tractor photos and yelled, "Sock A Feel" (translated: "soccer field"). The owner laughed and said, "You need to take him out more." The poor boy only sees soccer fields! :)

Pretty much the rest of the time DD and DS#3 were playing on these hair stylist type chairs. DD kept pumping the chairs up and letting them down and then she kept wanting to spin them. DS#3 wanted to sit in one of the chairs with her and then later he insisted on spinning the chair. Of course the way he spun the chair was to walk around the chair while holding on to it instead of standing in one spot and just using his hands to spin the chair. When he stopped for a second we could see that he was a little unstable as if he was dizzy. When he started walking around, he looked like he was going to fall to one side. Luckily he was able to steady himself. When the boys were done, I kidded with the owner and his staff that they would finally be able to have some peace and quiet.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

A hair salon! Who knew it was such a fun way to spend an afternoon!?

Cynthia Baldwin said...

Cute photos...but now we need to see pics of your older boys w/ their haircuts. ;)
LOL about Sock a feel!