Still, I try to look for the positive where I can. DH wasn't feeling too well either, but both of us felt better when DS#3 climbed into bed and said, "Watch TV with Papa". Poor little man had been good for DH yesterday, which DH described on his blog. Unfortunately he was sharing a drink with me yesterday, so it was inevitable that he would come down with the same thing. Today he had a fever to 102 but still doing pretty well. DS#1 used to play pretty well whenever he had a fever, unless he got up to 103.
This is a picture of DS#3 today. I still get a kick out of seeing him clasp his hands together when he watches TV. He's been getting lots of TV time since neither DH and I are not active enough to do anything else. DS#1 stayed home from school today too, and he hasn't been very active either.Another positive thing happened yesterday. I was feeling okay after taking some ibuprofen, so I started helping DS#2 with his school project. Despite the ibuprofen I would get this intermittently throbbing headache. I'm sure it would have been funny to the bystander, but every so often I would say "Ouch!" but I would still go about my business. In any case, I went on like this while helping DS#2 cut out materials for his project and then I helped him put it together. It probably took us a good 1 1/2 hours or so. During that time, DS#2 talked more to me than he usually talks in a week. He even said, "I talk a lot sometimes" although he immediately admitted that he didn't talk as much as his sister. He went on to talk about how she makes his head ache and so on. Despite the throbbing pain, it was nice to spend a little quality time with DS#2. He really did seem to appreciate my help, and that's all that this mother asks of her children--a little gratitude once in a while.
Today, despite spending most of the day in bed, I still had to appreciate that I already scheduled this day off. It's not fun spending a vacation day being sick but since I am sick, it's nice to not have to worry about going to work. I'm still able to spend some time with DS#3. It was nice being able to cuddle with him in bed for a while this morning. It was nice being able to take a nap with him this afternoon. Hopefully he's not going to get the full brunt of this illness. DD had a low grade fever yesterday and today but she feels absolutely fine, so she went to school today. DS#2 is so far untouched, and I hope it stays that way.
2 comments:
Oh sounds like a lot of sickies at your house, hope you all feel better soon!
I hope you get feeling better soon!
Post a Comment