This morning, Eric and Natalie went with me to the grocery store for the traditional Sunday morning doughnuts. Usually Patrick makes the run, but since it's Father's Day, I took my turn. Both kids were already up, of course. They helped me pick out the doughnuts, then when we checked out, Natalie asked for some HEB Buddy Bucks. Buddy Bucks are something our local grocery chain gives to kids. They can play on these machines for free. The machines give out stickers with a certain amount of points. When they collect enough points, they can trade them in for free stuff. After they got their stickers, we got a couple of free balloons that they always have near the checkout lines. Natalie picked a red one and Eric picked a blue one. There were suckers tied on the ends to weigh them down. I had to smile as we were leaving the store. I had two very happy kids and a pleasant trip to the store. :)
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Buddy Bucks
This morning, Eric and Natalie went with me to the grocery store for the traditional Sunday morning doughnuts. Usually Patrick makes the run, but since it's Father's Day, I took my turn. Both kids were already up, of course. They helped me pick out the doughnuts, then when we checked out, Natalie asked for some HEB Buddy Bucks. Buddy Bucks are something our local grocery chain gives to kids. They can play on these machines for free. The machines give out stickers with a certain amount of points. When they collect enough points, they can trade them in for free stuff. After they got their stickers, we got a couple of free balloons that they always have near the checkout lines. Natalie picked a red one and Eric picked a blue one. There were suckers tied on the ends to weigh them down. I had to smile as we were leaving the store. I had two very happy kids and a pleasant trip to the store. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Look at you, with your new blog header. :)
I remember when my kids used to love buddy bucks! They used to have much better prizes than they do now...want some points? IF I can find them...
Post a Comment