Today, Patrick took the kids to see the dinosaur exhibit currently at The Witte Museum. I was working late today, so all I have are these pictures and snippets of information from Patrick. There were a few interactive exhibits and apparently, Eric and Natalie loved the one where they could dig for "fossils". Interestingly, one of the pictures that Patrick took shows Eric just digging, but not necessarily for fossils--he was just digging just to be digging.
Many of the dinosaurs were not only animatronic but the kids could control their movements by pressing buttons. I love this photo of Anthony holding Eric and helping him push buttons. The older boys were more interested in reading all of the information on the accompanying panels.
There was also an exhibit about the San Antonio River and the bugs and other things that can be found in the water. Natalie was able to see larvae under the microscope and these bugs that were preserved in blocks. I was a bit surprised by this because she usually says, "Ew!" when she sees bugs. I know I can't help but say "Ew!" In fact, this afternoon, Natalie was talking about looking at the larvae, to which I said "Ew!" and Eric heard me and repeated "Ew!"Natalie missed swim team practice today because they treat the pool on Mondays and she is very sensitive to the chemicals. Tomorrow she wants to go to the morning practice AND the evening practice. Patrick is planning to the take all of the kids to the pool tomorrow. Hopefully Eric will get tired out playing in the pool tomorrow like he did today walking around the museum.
No comments:
Post a Comment