Sunday, June 27, 2010

Championship Meet Results

I'm going to list out Natalie's Championship Meet results, not so I can brag (although I'm quite proud of her) but so I can record them for later:

Freestyle Relay (2:06.48) - Her team got fifth place. Interestingly, for her other three meets this summer, she swam with three different girls on a freestyle relay team. For some reason she was placed with the younger (and slower) team for this meet, but the other team got disqualified. Although I find that disqualification surprising, this is just affirmation of my belief that God has a reason for everything. If Natalie had been on the team that she had been on, she might have been disqualified. We were so proud of her because she gained pretty significant ground during her leg of the race (third leg).

Freestyle - Natalie got ninth place which I'm proud of for two reasons. She beat her "seed time" (23.33 sec vs. 24.47 sec) by over a second and all of the other swimmers who placed before her were eight-years-old except for one other seven-year-old.

Backstroke (28.14 sec) - Natalie tied for fifth place.

Breaststroke - This was the one she was most concerned about since it's her newest stroke. She got ninth place, which was last place. That's quite a bit slower than she swam last week (42.93 vs. 37.57 sec) but we're happy that she did the stroke correctly and didn't get disqualified.

We were at the natatorium from around noon to 4:30PM. There were four swim teams in our division and apparently ours "won" the meet. Even though there was a lot of waiting and her usual friends weren't there to play with in between races, Natalie loved it.

No comments: