I'm short on time and I have lots of pictures. Here are just a few of my favorites. I may try to post a few more if I have time in the coming week or so.

Alex went kayaking pretty much every day we were there. I found it interesting that he always wore his goggles. He wouldn't let me take many photos, but he didn't have much choice when he was on that kayak.

Anthony is trying on Grandpa's life preserver belt, or whatever it's called. The other lifejacket was wet and he wanted to use this, but obviously it's a little big. I don't see him without a shirt very much, but I'm still amazed at how skinny he is. It'll be interesting to see how and when he "fills out" in the coming years.

Anthony was just "innocently" texting on the sofa when Natalie and Eric decided to jump on top of him. Luckily, he's pretty tolerant of his younger siblings. Alex would have been yelling and trying to throw his sister off, especially since she was probably laughing very loudly in Anthony's ear. Eric was trying to balance without using his feet. He's going to grow up to be a daredevil, I know it!

When his siblings were playing with each other on the covered porch, Alex stayed inside to watch TV. Patrick surprised him by getting on top of him and trying to hold him so I could get a picture. I loved being able to get a photo of the two of them goofing off and smiling since these two probably butt heads more often than anyone else in the family.

Natalie fished for the first time on this trip and she loved it. Of course, she wasn't the one who put the worm on the hook or removed the fish from the hook (catch and release). Papa had to do that for her. She caught the biggest fish, probably almost a foot long. Both Alex and Natalie caught quite a few fish. Eric wanted to fish also, but he couldn't hold the pole by himself. I might try to post a picture of that another time.

I really love this picture of Eric in his goggles! He wore those goggles even when he was just standing next to the pier shoveling rocks. We're hoping that having these goggles will allow Patrick to teach him how to swim since he hasn't been willing to get his face or head wet yet this summer.

I went kayaking too, and Patrick got this picture of me going by the dock. It's proof that I actually went out on the lake.

Patrick's maternal aunt, who he calls "Tia" lives in an assisted living place and his mom brought her for a couple of hours yesterday so she could see the kids and they could see her. It was a short visit but we're glad we could see each other.

Eric really enjoyed this rocking horse. Natalie was too big to get on it this year. Eric even pretended that his friend "Jacob" was riding on the horse and he was helping him. We're not sure if there was a kid with that name in his daycare class or if this was a made-up friend. It's interesting that he likes to pretend now.

This was a picture we took this morning before leaving for the airport. I think it turned out great! Look--everyone is looking at the camera AND smiling! Thanks for having us this week, Mom and Dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment