Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Swimmer Just Like Her Papa

I've probably taken too many photos of Natalie with KD, but I like to show how much bigger some of the eight-year-olds are than my little Natalie. The eight-year-olds are of course, her competition in all of her races. She really held her own today, though.

Here she is swimming in the 25 meter Breaststroke. She placed fifth overall out of five swimmers. She came very close to getting fourth place and she is only one out of two breaststroke swimmers in our neighborhood. The other swimmer is KD in the above picture. Patrick and I think she is doing great for having only learned breaststroke a couple of weeks ago.

Some other boring facts (or at least boring to other people who are not her parents):

Girls 7-8 25 Freestyle-- She got 6th place. She was fourth out of the eight freestyle swimmers in our neighborhood. The three ahead of her are 8 years old.

Girls 7-8 25 Backstroke-- She got 5th place. She was second out of the seven backstroke swimmers from our neighborhood.

Girls 8 and under 100 Freestyle Relay-- Her relay team got 2nd place, but they only missed 1st by 0.05 seconds Natalie gained on the third leg.

She beat her previous race times by as much as five seconds (that was in the breaststroke).


When I told her about all of the above, Natalie looked so pleased with herself. She is really excited about swimming and we'll be checking into year-round swim teams soon. Next Sunday, she swims in the "Championship Meet", which is a swim meet with all of the other swim teams in our group. I really love that she loves swimming so much and Patrick, having coached and having been a competitive swimmer, loves that one of his children finally loves swimming too.

No comments: